A return to San Siro as Nerazzurri boss is not on the agenda for the Portuguese, who is backing his counterpart to lead them into next season

Jose Mourinho stated he will attend Inter's match against Sampdoria on Saturday but insists he has no designs on Roberto Mancini's job in the San Siro dugout.

Mourinho has been linked to a host of high-profile jobs since his second tenure at Chelsea ended prematurely last December, while Inter – who he guided to back-to-back Serie A titles and Champions League glory in 2010 - have seen their ambitions of claiming the Scudetto fade during the new year.

Inter owner Erick Thohir said earlier on Friday that the slump did not put current boss Roberto Mancini's job in jeopardy and Mourinho says his presence in Milan is in relation to a dinner date with Thohir's predecessor Massimo Moratti.

"I'll be in Milan for one day – I am grateful to my president Massimo Moratti, who I want to personally thank," he said in a statement to La Stampa.

"I left Inter in 2010 and since then I have worked hard at Real Madrid and Chelsea, so it has been hard to find the time to have lunch with the Moratti family. We agreed to see each other a couple of weeks ago.