The Colombia international has faced questions regarding his future on a regular basis this season but insists his stance has not changed.
James Rodriguez maintains that he would like to remain at Real Madrid beyond this season.
The Colombia international has seen his future at the Santiago Bernabeu called into question on a regular basis throughout the campaign as he has not always been a regular starter under Zinedine Zidane.
James has contributed positively when called upon, though, and netted his fifth goal of the season in Saturday's 4-1 victory over Eibar.
Although he has been linked with a move to Chelsea and Manchester United over the last few months, the 25-year-old has stressed that he is not actively looking for a transfer.
"When I am given opportunities I always try and do well. This is all I think about," he told reporters.
“I want to always be here. It's clear that in life and football you never know what is going to happen but I want to remain here."
James was able to shine on Saturday due to the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale.
Madrid impressed without the key figures, but their value to the collective cause continues to be recognised.