PDA

Voir la version complète : Andy Murray beats David Ferrer to reach Paris Masters final

reexx
07/11/2015, 18h21
Britain's Andy Murray reached the Paris Masters final for the first time with a 6-4 6-3 win over Spain's David Ferrer.

The second seed won the last five games of the match to seal victory in one hour 35 minutes.

The 28-year-old Scotsman said: "I played aggressive tennis and was particularly successful at the net."

In Sunday's final will play world number one Novak Djokovic, who beat French Open champion Stan Wawrinka of Switzerland 6-3 3-6 6-0.

Murray will finish the year second in the world rankings if he defeats Djokovic.

He faces a challenging end to the season, with the ATP World Tour Finals in London only eight days away, followed by Britain's first Davis Cup final since 1978, which gets under way in Belgium in three weeks' time.

He added: "It would be nice to achieve my highest-ever year-end ranking, but it is more about seeding for the Australian Open in January. It will help my chances more than if I was seeded three or four.

"I've still got the Davis Cup final to look forward to and these are two things I have never achieved before. It will help keep me motivated."