PDA

Voir la version complète : IPC World Athletics: Hannah Cockroft claims third gold in Qatar

reexx
31/10/2015, 16h08
Hannah Cockroft won her third gold of the meeting as Great Britain finished on a high at the IPC Athletics World Championships in Doha.
The 23-year-old won the T34 400m for GB's 13th gold of the event.
"It feels great to know that I am still the best in the world," Cockroft told BBC Sport.
Earlier, Hollie Arnold retained her F46 javelin title with a new personal best while the women's 4x100m relay took gold in their race.
Cockroft, who had won 100m and 800m gold earlier in the programme, was again facing American rival Alexa Halko and 14-year-old Briton Kare Adenagen.
But she looked a class apart, winning in a new championship best of one minute 2.66 seconds with Halko taking silver (1:04.20) and Adenagen winning a second bronze.
"The last time I raced the 400m I was beaten by Kare so to come back and show people it was a bad day, not a bad life, feels great," the two-time Paralympic champion added.
"I never expected to come home from here with three gold medals. This season has been challenging and I think a lot of people had doubts about me and it puts doubt in my mind. But I wanted to prove people wrong and show that I am not past my best."