Real Madrid are a "united" club despite a difficult few weeks on and off the pitch, says Wales forward Gareth Bale.
Rafael Benitez's side lost heavily to Barcelona last month before being expelled from the Copa del Rey for fielding an ineligible player.
However, they are just four points behind leaders Barca after a 4-1 win over Getafe on Saturday.
"What matters most is that the team are united, that we win games and try to get better every day," said Bale.
Bale scored in the win over Getafe, the Wales international's fourth La Liga goal of the season.
It was Real's first game since they were expelled from the Copa del Rey for fielding ineligible Russian winger Denis Cheryshev against third-tier Cadiz last Wednesday.
Last month Benitez, who was only appointed in the summer, received the backing of Real Madrid president Florentino Perez following his side's 4-0 defeat by Barcelona.
Speaking about his own form this season, Bale added: "Personally speaking, I feel comfortable with where I'm being played on the pitch and I always do the best I can.
"It's nice to score but the most important thing is the team. I have a good relationship with Rafa Benitez."